Drip, drip, drip that’s the sound of coffee brewing at the new Donegal High School coffee cart, respectively named the ‘Donegal Drip’.
The food service director, wanted to expand their food service operation by implementing a mobile coffee cafe to serve students’ before their first class. She needed an option that would fit in an unused space under the school stairwell and needed to be a self contained unit as there was no plumbing available at the site location.
The Multiteria Solution
Multiteria customized the Retail Xtension coffee cart according to the director’s needs and was able to provide a mobile, self-contained concept that was easy to move and set up in any location and was ready to serve in minutes. The unit featured potable water so plumbing connection was not required.
Also, thanks to a breakfast grant the school district’s food service department at Donegal school received and was able to put towards the purchase, they were able to buy a brand new coffee cart that not only serves up hot coffee and tea but also grab and go breakfast options!
- Built on a stainless steel tubular body framework; retractable s/s counter slides into main counter for storage & ease of moving
- Over structure with LED light box for “branding” Cafe
- Light switch & power box on back of unit; prewired with (2) 120V convenience receptacles
- One single power cord. We can modify any electrical configuration
Summary of Project:
- Operator: Food Service Director, Donegal High School, Mount Joy, PA
- Fabricated in Multiteria Facility – West Milwaukee, WI
- Multiteria Rep: Val Schindewolf, One Source Reps, Sharon Hill, PA
- Sold and installed by: Singer Equipment
- Supported on-site by Multiteria factory oversite and factory installation team
- Multiteria Project design: Mike Egan, Sherie Peterson
"Thanks to a breakfast grant of $5,000 we received we were able to purchase a brand new coffee cart that not only serves up hot coffee and tea but also grab and go breakfast options! Some of the delicious breakfast items include whole grain cinnamon rolls, banana bread, muffins, cereal bars, and more! All items can also be used as part of a reimbursable breakfast meal with fresh and/or dried fruit options. The Donegal Drip also offers a variety of cold beverages including French vanilla cold brew coffee. We’ve also been able to feature seasonal items such as a peppermint mocha!
The Donegal Drip is currently open three days a week in the morning before the first class bell rings. However, due to popularity they district is hoping to expand operations next school year. Students have even expressed how the coffee cart gives off a college feel! The cart itself is tucked inside the “school stairwell” where it has transformed “dead space” into the school’s very own coffee shop. While the cafeteria still remains open serving breakfast, students and staff find it more comfortable to stop by the coffee cart due to its convenient location creating a greater ease of use.
Kelly Price RD, LDN states, “The employees who work at the Donegal Drip have also enjoyed building relationships with familiar faces and memorizing the ‘regular customers’ orders! These relationships are just one more way the school district is able to emphasis their Every Name, Every Need: One Tribe initiative!”